Planning your Career
Estate planning deals with the legal issues related to bank accounts, real estate, personal property, life insurance policies and so on.
An estate planning lawyer provides all the necessary legal details and options to his/her clients and make sure to them that he will take care of all the issues. He makes all the necessary arrangements to ensure that his/her clients’ wishes are fulfilled and their loved ones will be taken care in their absence. Most of the people regardless of age want to make certain that they have done everything for their loved ones to be taken care off in case they die.
8 steps to help your planning to become an estate lawyer
1. You will need an undergraduate degree in order become eligible for applying in a law school. Spend four years in a college or university and earn your Bachelor’s degree which is a prerequisite for admission in schools. You can obtain your degree with any major you want to study. The only thing which you need to keep in mind is to maintain a good GPA. A good GPA become handy as competition for admission in law schools is usually high.
2. The School Admission Test (LSAT) is another essential condition for admission in schools. One would have to pass this test with relatively high scores to become a prominent candidate for the admission in law school. Due to the high competition for admission, you GPA results and LSAT scoring can play a vital role in getting into a law school.
3. Gather all the information regarding the admission criteria and the required documents for all the schools. You have to do this way before the deadline as you have to gather all the required documents well in time before the deadline so that you will not get late to send your application file to the law school or schools.
4. Tuition fees at law schools are normally high. Very few lucky students can afford the expenses of the school. If you have a good academic record, apply for financial aid or scholarships. Otherwise, you can opt for student loans.
5. Studying at schools require a lot of hard work. Hard work is the only key to survive in a law school. Keep yourself busy in independent study and make reading and studying your habit.
6. Discuss the possibility of getting an internship with a licensed estate planning lawyer in your area. Leave a good impression during your internship period because you might have to come back to him or her after graduating from a law school.
7. After completing a school successfully, you will earn your JD degree. Now you have to take the bar exam and for that you have to thoroughly review everything which you have studies or learned up till now.
8. Once you have passed the exam, it’s time to advertise yourself. Talk to American Bar Association to include your name in its online database as an estate planning lawyer.